Facilities - Dogs
All the tails are wagging at Penzance because:
- Owners live on site and the facilities are secure.
- All dogs sleep in kennels that are well heated and insulated. They stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Dogs always have individual kennel spaces to sleep and eat in. Only family groups can sleep and eat together.
- Dogs have strong plastic beds with towels as comfy bedding.
- Different size kennel spaces are available for comfort.
- All kennels have a smoke alarm system hard wired to an alarm in the house and a location indicator.
- All kennels are cleaned regularly with vet approved products and exercise facilities are kept clean.
- Dogs socialise with other dogs on big grass exercise yards. Dogs run free, leads are not used. Staff supervise.
- Exercise sessions are long and if the weather is bad, the on-site owners can work around it.
- All dogs rest and sleep after meals . Anti-gulp bowls are available. Filtered water.
- All pets have to be fully and appropriately vaccinated. We also advise pets are treated for worms and fleas for general hygiene.
- Staff talk to owners and take account of individual needs. Owners can check how pets are progressing.
- Staff take pets to the vet if necessary and have been trained about what symptoms to look for .
- Staff are happy to attend to medical needs such as pills and injections.
- Smaller number of dogs than some kennels means more time to play and get to know dogs.
- Premium dry food served twice a day, which is full of nutrition. Other foods available if needed. Eating is monitored.